10 Ways to Conserve Water In Your Apartment
Saving water is not a new practice, but it is an important one. Every little action you take to conserve water in your apartment can add up to make a big difference not only on your water bill, but also the planet. Did you know water comes out of the average faucet at 2.5 gallons per minute? Small changes to your daily habit can add up to conserving thousands of gallons of water.
Follow some of our favorite tips to get started:
1. Check faucets for leaks. A dripping faucet results in 15 gallons of wasted water every day! Notify your office right away if you experience any leaks!
2. Don’t use your toilet as a waste basket. Flushing a tissue or small piece of trash wastes 5 to 7 gallons per flush.
3. Keep drinking water in your fridge instead of running tap water until it is cold.
4. When running a bath, plug the tub, then adjust the temperature as it fills rather than letting the cooler water drain.
5. Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth. Don’t let all that water go down the drain while you brush! Turn off the faucet after you wet your brush, and leave it off until its time to rinse.
6. Use your dishwasher and clothes washer for only full loads. Half-loads add up to gallons and gallons of wasted water.
7. Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
8. Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run while you scrape them clean.
9. Reuse the water from boiling vegetables or pasta to water your indoor plants once it has cooled.
10. Notify the office if your toilet runs periodically on its own or if it doesn’t not stop filling in a reasonable amount of time.
We appreciate your efforts to conserve water in your apartment. Not only is it good for our environment, it also helps keep our expenses from increasing!